Monday 14 July 2008

Monday Morning

It is 9 O clock on a monday morning and as usual I know I am going to be late in office. Mondays's have been a struggle for me right from my childhoold. I remember I used to have all kinds of excuses for not going to school on Mondays.

If my boss carefully looks at my leave history he would be shocked to see the pattern. Glad he does'nt care....which is great.

Anyways back to being late....I catch three trains to reach my office. Each train takes 15-17 mins approx and I end up wasting 1.7 hrs of my life everyday commuting. But I am still happy because in the past I took same amount of time to just reach Bandra from Vashi on my way to Vile Parle. (Crazy)

I got down from my second train and started walking on an ancient underground tunnel near the Royal Palace...suddenly I see the entire world around me moving quickly....some people are almost running , some taking brisk walk, some using skate boards and some using weird spring like thingies....All these tricks are to get the earliest train or probably grab an empty seat in the tube.

I am not interested in any of those tricks so take my own time and by the time I reach the platform....I can see a sea of Londoners....I decided to take the next train...(add few more minutes to my Monday lateness).. Hate Mondays..

1 comment:

Gautam Raisinghani said...

Aaah - I also remember the famous GUmmadi dash. Bus - auto - taxi ....and get to office by lunch time.

And on mondays be back the earliest too