Tuesday 15 July 2008

Lost and found

I was pleasantly surprised yesterday when I got a facebook invitation from one of my college mates. We have not been in touch for almost 10 years now....and I could barely remember him. Just to make things bit more interesting he mentioned in his invitation that "If I dont remember him ...hint is "Pune". I think he did not realise that he had his profile published with his snap.

As soon as I saw his photograph...few things struck me. This guy "Anupam" used to live on the same floor during my hostel days. Although we were not best pals, meeting your college mate in another country after so many years makes you happy.

Anyways, I accepted the invitation and to my surprise I got the call from him in 10 mins...It was a local UK call...As soon as I picked up he said "Hi Gummadi". I greeted him as well and then there was silence for couple of seconds (I guess both were trying to recollect more information about each other") ..Slowly the conversation took off and we laughed and joked about our college days.

Since he is a Londener as well, we have decided to catch up soon. He mentioned a few names (some more batch mates) who also live in London but are out of touch.So it would be very interesting when I make the similar initiative to contact them and go through the same emotions.

No comments: