Wednesday 16 July 2008

Never Give Up

For a change I picked up this free newspaper on my way to office. Although it is filled with gossip, sometimes it is fun to read especially when you commute back from office. Although information is very limited, you can still find some TP news.

9 out of 10 times you would expect headlines on some infamous kidnappings or stabbings, which I hate to read. So I quickly flipped over and went straight to sports section on the very last page i.e. Page36..I saw news about some footballers changing clubs and being paid obscene amount of money (roughly INR 1.1 crore per week) I already hate my job ...Page 35 - local cricketing legend criticising a cricket pitch on a famous ground (as if they win every other match played elsewhere) ...Page 34 - ECB not happy with Indian venues (dont know why ...they can still drink beer in Indore and Guwahati and get into a brawl ....Page 33..32..31.....21 when suddenly I saw a guy in a turban and the news title was "74 yr old Indian fails 40th time in Class X exams"

This old man seems to have decided not to marry till he passes his X grade. I am pretty impressed by his motivation, cant imagine how one can give this exam year after year for 40 years, expecting one day he will pass and get married. Although I am convinced he must have tried for few years before he realsied it is too late to add more chaos in his life :)

But it is great to see some people who never give up...no matter what.